Twilight on the Prairie Wrap Up!
You helped raise $16,360 for Prairie Education!
Thank you to everyone who joined us in person or in spirit for “Twilight on the Prairie!” Those who were there enjoyed the tasty bites from Ernie’s Catering, and Ian and Barbara Kress; beverages served by bartender Wally Ward; the live music from Southern-Style Bluegrass Band; and views from the boardwalk on Lawther-Deer Park Prairie. Oh, and learning some new moves with the Attwater’s prairie chicken dance!
We so appreciated Dr. Rhonda Burrough and her Katy High School students Trevor and Samuel for sharing their fascinating pocket prairie lessons. Dr. Burrough and Della’s Education programs are inspiring our youth to learn more about the natural world and be a part of the solution to save and restore it.
Congratulations to Cassandra Pina, the raffle winner of the new Kamado Joe Classic 18” BBQ Grill. She has been informed and is quite surprised!
We extend our heartfelt thanks to:
- The sponsors and prairie partners below for their investment in Prairie Education.
- All who bid during the paddle raise to support the highest impact Prairie Education programs. You are creating the next generation of Texas conservationists.
- The planning committee and volunteers who made the evening a reality: Charles Barfield, Beth Clark, Karen DeBorde, Ian and Barbara Kress, Cassidy Johnson, Pat and Glenn Merkord, Bob Romero, Lan Shen, Wally Ward, and Irmi Willcockson.
- NPAT’s Board and Big Bluestem Circle leadership members, and VIPs who were there.
- Anyone who Donated to Education during the approach to the event.
Finally, it was just so good to be together outdoors with friends, get caught up, and make new friends. We can’t wait to see you again. It might be anywhere, but hopefully, it will be out on a prairie!
Della, Kirsti, and Jeff
Party photos courtesy of Lisa Barfield.