HNPAT // Houston Chapter
Welcome to the Houston Chapter of the Native Prairies Association of Texas (HNPAT). We’re so glad you’re here. Check the chapter calendar for upcoming monthly meetings, events, field trips and more.
HNPAT provides many programs related to prairie plants, their growing conditions, propagation and usage in the home garden as well as information about insects, birds and animals of the prairie.
Our long-term goals are:
- To promote conservation, restoration, and appreciation of our natural heritage – the coastal tallgrass prairie and its extremely biodiverse population of plants, insects, birds and other animals;
- To expand the base of prairie supporters and advocates by education through lectures, field trips, workshops, educational booths, educational brochures, website and use of the Lawther – Deer Park Prairie Preserve;
- To support efforts to develop sources for native prairie seeds and plants for use in both large scale restorations and smaller prairie gardens;
- To aid NPAT in the management of Deer Park Prairie through volunteerism, fundraising and other means;
- To identify remaining high quality prairie remnants in the greater Houston area and develop strategies and collaborations to protect them.
Houston Chapter Blog
News, events and more!
Annual Prairie Stampede – Wednesday, December 4
Nine Natives at Garden Club of Houston’s Bulb Mart
Shell Funds Deer Park Prairie Education 2019/20
Teaching City-Slickers about Prairies through School Lessons, Pocket Prairies, Storytelling and Technology
KPC’s Seed Collection Season Starts
MOTH NIGHT at Deer Park Prairie!
Preserving Our Environment
2019 Prairie 201 Teacher Workshop July 18!
The Native Prairies Association of Texas (NPAT) is a non-profit membership organization and land trust dedicated to the conservation, restoration, and appreciation of native prairies, savannas, and other grasslands. NPAT protects over 4,031 acres of native Texas Prairie, including over 1,340 acres of endangered/threatened tallgrass prairie. NPAT is a 501(c)(3) organization, and your membership and contributions are fully tax-deductible to the amount allowed by law.