REGISTER ONLINE TODAY LIMITED AVAILABILITY Blackland NPAT Chapter’s 2nd Annual Texas Prairies Tour! RISE & SHINE - Saturday - 7am to…Read more of this >>
Native Plant Sales throughout Texas will continue thru Sunday, May 7 NOW is the time to plant native plants in your yard or garden or…Read more of this >>
HNPAT’s Monthly Meeting (*location) Wednesday, From 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Secret Life of Prairies HNPAT welcomes Dr. Morgan Russell, Texas A&M Assistant Professor…Read more of this >>
was introduced in 2016 by the Young Women’s Leadership Academy of Fort Worth. That event had a very positive effect! We hope to continue the tradition!
• Signs will be posted along the route to publicize our event and draw attention to the problem.
• We will be pulling Rapistrum rugosum, savage cabbage; a.k.a. bastard cabbage.
• Rapistrum rugosum: is an invasive species growing to heights from 1’ to 5’. Its basal leaves and size threaten native wildflowers by blocking sunlight to seedlings and mature plants. It is a very hearty annual plant; so pull it up by its robust taproot, and we’ll be pretty successful in removing it.!!!
• SAFETY FIRST - COME PREPARED: WEAR SUNSCREEN, GLOVES, A PROTECTIVE HAT, LONG PANTS AND CLOSED-TOE SHOES. Bring your refillable water bottle, hand shovel, weeding stick, or long screwdriver.
• This outdoor event is open to volunteers of all ages! We want to ensure everyone’s safety; so volunteers in Grades 1-8 should be accompanied by an adult or older sibling (HIGH SCHOOL OR OLDER).
• Certificates for 3 hours of COMMUNITY SERVICE are provided.
• Monitor this site as the event MAY BE CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER!
“Get your own bash going” - “Be a “Cabbage Spotter” Check our Fort Worth NPAT’s link above.