REGISTER ONLINE TODAY LIMITED AVAILABILITY Blackland NPAT Chapter’s 2nd Annual Texas Prairies Tour! RISE & SHINE - Saturday - 7am to…Read more of this >>
Native Plant Sales throughout Texas will continue thru Sunday, May 7 NOW is the time to plant native plants in your yard or garden or…Read more of this >>
HNPAT’s Monthly Meeting (*location) Wednesday, From 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Secret Life of Prairies HNPAT welcomes Dr. Morgan Russell, Texas A&M Assistant Professor…Read more of this >>
• This meeting is co-sponsored by the American Society of Landscape Architects.
• Please join us at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments; the meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
• You will want to hear the award winning naturalist, photographer, and author, Brian Loflin, speak about his book Grasses of the Texas Hill Country: A Field Guide.
• Grasses of the Texas Hill Country: A Field Guide, “a photographic guide to grasses, gives all who have been frustrated trying to identify these difficult plants, an easy-to-use, visually precise, and information-packed field guide to seventy-seven native and introduced species that grow in the Texas Hill Country and beyond.”
“With a blade of grass in hand, open this book and find:
• Handy thumb guides to seedhead type, the most visible distinguishing characteristic to begin identification.
• Color photographs of stands of grasses and detailed close-ups.
• Concise information about economic uses, habitat, range, and flowering season.
• Quick-reference icons for native status, toxicity, growing season, and grazing response.”
Barnes & Noble.