Mary Talbot Prairie Field Trip New Boston, Bowie County Saturday June 8, 8:30 – 11:00 AM The Native Prairies Association…Read more of this >>
Read more of this >>
For registration for these events CLICK HERE!Read more of this >>
Texas wild rice (Zizania texana) is the only grass listed as endangered in Texas.
Docents of Zilker Botanical Garden
Cultivate your Backyard Birds
with Jane Tillman
Chair of the Travis Audubon Urban Habitat Committee
National Wildlife Federation Habitat Steward Host since 2003
Capital Area Master Naturalist
Austin Butterfly Forum member
When: Saturday, October 29, 10:00-11:30 am
Where: Austin Area Garden Center, Zilker Botanical Garden (CLICK HERE FOR MAP)
For more information call: (512) 970-3405
Who is that perched on your bird feeder? What can you do to help birds live to sing another day? If you want to get acquainted with common backyard birds that are here year round and common winter visitors that are arriving on the north winds, this class is for you. Basic bird identification will be covered along with ways to make your yard/greenbelt/local park more attractive to birds. Join us for this fun and informative program!
When: Oct. 26, 2011, 6:30 PM
Location: 6400 Bissonnet, Houston, TX 77074 (Click HERE for map)
6:30-7:00 PM – Social – Bring a Snack!
6:30-7:00 PM – Set up Plants for Viewing – Plants will be provided but you may bring additional prairie plants for viewing by others – set-up and labeling is during this time
7:00 – 7:30 – Reports
• Prairie Heritage Day– We need volunteers! Report-Cheryl Sedivec
• CPP/NPAT Conference – Plan to Attend! Report by Susie Doe
• NPAT Membership Meeting Announcement – NPAT’s Annual Membership Meeting will be held during the CPP/NPAT conference - Details will be announced – Report by P. Merkord
• Update on prairie brochure
• Plan for November & December Meetings
• December election of officers
7:30 – 8:15 – How to Recognize Remnant Prairies Part II: Grass & Forb ID
• Hands on viewing of Native Prairie Plant Specimens with Tips on ID – specimens will be in groups, some invasives will also be displayed
8:15 – 8:45 “Mystery Plants Contest” – Prizes for Winners
• Reminders for Next Meeting
8:45-9:00 – Clean Room and Be Out By 9:00 PM!