Join us from 6:30-8:00pm, Georgetown Public Library, Classroom • NPAT Executive Director, Pat Merkord, will preside over the NPAT…Read more of this >>
Blackland Prairie Park Field Trip Saturday from 9:00am to Noon• Jeff Quayle, of Fort Worth NPAT…Read more of this >>
Chisholm Trail Park- Spring Festival Chisholm Trail Community Center, Saturday from 11a.m. - 3p.m. • We are very proud…Read more of this >>
Reprinted from The Prairie Dog.
1. The only grass listed as endangered in Texas?
2. An exotic (non-native and invasive) grass which can kill livestock if eaten just after a freeze?
3. The official State Grass of Texas, found in every bioregion in the state?
4. A group of grasses named after a German botanist?
5. A rhizomatous, cool season grass with fluffy pink to purple seed heads, and in separate male and female plants?
6. An African grass introduced to the Americas through the bedding on the slave ships of pre-Civil War times?
7. One of the Big Four prairie grasses, grows in clones, called Turkey Foot grass by the pioneers?
8. The native lawn grass we used before St. Augustine was introduced?
9. A robust bunch grass growing in bottomlands, with seed heads composed of one seed stacked upon another?
10. The grass that thrived when the buffalo herds had eaten the taller grasses and moved on?